What Sets Our Pediatric Dentistry Apart From The Rest?
At PBDDS, it is our goal to make sure that every child has a good experience in a caring environment while receiving dental treatment. We also strive to comfort their parents throughout the experience.
Dr. Lynn Booth and Dr. Steve Booth typically see children over three years old. Early preventive care can help children maintain healthy teeth and establish a good relationship with the dentist.
Their first visit with us should be fun and positive. If they are nervous about the visit, we might only take a fun ride in the “magic chair” that day. As they get to know us and our office, each appointment should be more comfortable. We love watching our young patients grow and enjoy developing a wonderful relationship with them.
What does PBDDS offer to ensure your child has a good experience?
- TVs in every room
- No Cavity Club – each month there is a drawing to win a gift card to their favorite place
- Goodie bags with toothbrushes and toothpaste
- Laughing gas for restorative procedures
- A dental team who will bend over backward, sing songs, and act silly just to get your children to smile
- A dental team who have small children of their own and completely understand how important it is for you and your child to have the VERY BEST experience possible
What are some things you can do to help your child feel more comfortable at PBDDS?
- Talk with him or her positively before the appointment about what to expect when you visit the dentist.
- Pick out some library books about going to the dentist and read them beforehand.
- Show them pictures of the PBDDS doctors and team as well as photos of the office.
- Have them watch your appointment or one of their older sibling’s appointments.
- Encourage them to ask questions.
- Try to avoid any negative questions after the appointment for instance, “Did it hurt?”
- Focus on encouraging words and staying positive.