You should anticipate the following protective efforts when you arrive for your dental appointment:
- Wait in your car upon arrival. Someone will be approaching your vehicle as soon as you arrive so please be sure to park as close to the front door as possible. If you have not been greeted you are welcome to call our office at 804-739-1600.
- All patients will be asked a screening questionnaire, have their temperature and oxygen level taken and recorded prior to entering the building. Appointments will be rescheduled if a risk of illness has been determined. We ask that once your screening is complete you wait in your car to limit the amount of people in the building. Your provider will be out to bring you inside when your room is ready.
- Patients coming in will be walked to our side door for entry. The side door is being used to avoid crossing paths with other patients in the building. When leaving the building you are welcome to exit out of our normal front door.
- Disinfecting Rinse. We will provide a hydrogen peroxide rinse for you to swish prior to all procedures.
- Our office will be cooler than usual, so we ask that you please dress accordingly. Blankets can be provided upon request.
Thank you for your patience and flexibility as we work through this ever-changing time. We promise to keep you updated through this dynamic situation. In the meantime, maintain good oral care and we look forward to taking care of you soon!
Extra precautions taking place in our office:
- Increased efforts to disinfect throughout our office. This includes wiping down touch screens, regularly disinfecting bathrooms, handles, counters and other frequently touched surfaces.
- Strict disinfecting protocol in our exam rooms. We will be appropriating more time between appointments to disinfect with a chemical germicide.
- Increased Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) for all team members who provide dental care. Gowns, face shields, N95 masks and head covering will be utilized.
- Aerosol control through High Volume Evacuation (HVE) during dental procedures.
- Central HVAC air purifying devices throughout the office and Jade Air Purifying units in each operatory. The filtration systems capture dust particles, pollen, mold, allergens, viruses, and many other pollutants that are found in the inside air.
Darby – Screening Aid
Darby started shadowing in our office during the beginning of her college career at Virginia Commonwealth University. She is currently majoring in biology with hopes of pursuing a career in dentistry. Her love of the field began in middle school going to her and her sibling’s dental checkups. In her spare time, she enjoys listening to music, watching college football and fishing. We are happy to have her as part of our team while she continues her education. You will be greeted by Darby at your car when you arrive for your dental appointment while we continue the screening process for COVID-19.